Saturday, March 1, 2014

The polarized church part 8: heart vs mind

The other day I came across a link via social media to a blog entry called head worship vs heart worship. In many ways, this was saying the same thing that I have been saying via this series on the polarized church. The traditional introvert skewed church being more of a head worship experience. Where the contemporary extrovert skewed church is more about heart worship. My ultimate point being that we often choose the one that is the most comfortable to our personalities, and disregard the other half.  Despite the fact, that there is room, and need for both in worship. That we should look to one another to expand our horizons, not alienate others by making it all about us; hence the polarization. Which is one of the things that fragments the church rather than bringing unity to our diversity. It is not about one or the other, but it is about bringing both sides together. 

Deuteronomy 11:18 - Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Psalm 26:2 - Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;

Jeremiah 11:20 - But you, Lord Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Matthew 22:37 - Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Hebrews 8:10 - This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.




two people trying to recreate the other in his own image
Be like me

No comments:

Post a Comment